October 29, 2020
List of new anti-COVID-19 measures
In the light of the changing epidemiological situation in the country and the reports presented by all the members of the Scientific Commission and the Ministers of Economy, Education, Higher Education and Scientific Research and Social Affairs, the Head of Government, Hichem Mechichi, at the end of the meeting of the National Commission for the Control of Coronavirus, decided on the application of new restrictions.
The main measures decided Wednesday evening by the following measures :
– The prohibition of travel between governorates with exceptions.
– The suspension of classes in all educational institutions until November 08 (schools, colleges and high schools) starting Wednesday, October 28 at the end of classes.
– Classes will be suspended in all public and private universities for two weeks. On the other hand, courses will continue by distance learning and homes will remain open.
– There will be a curfew in all regions from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am from Monday to Friday and from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
– The closing of cafés and restaurants from 4 p.m. with respect to the capacity of reception fixed at 30% in enclosed spaces and 50% in open spaces.
– Continuation of the exceptional administrative schedule until November 15.
– Closure of places of worship until mid-November,
– Prohibition of public and private events from Friday, October 30 in progress until November 15, 2020.
– Prohibition of gatherings exceeding 4 people in all public places except for means of transport.
– Obligation to adopt barrier gestures such as social distancing and the wearing of masks and to ensure the rigorous application of health protocols by sanctioning all offenders.
– The head of government also decided to exclude all coronavirus-related purchases from the decree organizing public appeals and to charge a commission at the Ministry of National Defense chaired by the Director General of Military Health with this issue.
Daily control campaigns will be organized in all delegations with the immediate closure of any premises that do not comply with these measures.
For more information, please consult (in French) the following link.