March 30, 2020: Press release from EuroMed Droits and its Moroccan members
EuroMed Droits and its Moroccan members join the many Moroccan civil society organisations in expressing their concern about the situation of migrants and refugees in Morocco. We call on the Moroccan authorities:
– To provide assistance to the most vulnerable people, especially those living in substandard housing or in makeshift camps, as well as unaccompanied minors;
– To ensure the accommodation of homeless migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in safe places, as has been done by some municipalities;
– To guarantee access to health care for migrants and refugees with chronic illnesses;
– To ensure the translation of official documents into English and French during this period of confinement;
– To immediately issue travel permits to migrants and refugees, regardless of their administrative situation;
– To allow the automatic extension of residence permits until the end of the period of confinement.
See the press release here.