18 – 20 January, 2021


Preventive measures against COVID-19 maintained in Morocco for two more weeks

These are the precautionary measures that the government has decided to extend for two more weeks, starting at 9 p.m. on 19 January, to fight the coronavirus, following the evolution of the epidemiological situation worldwide and the emergence of new variants of the virus in neighbouring countries, and as part of the ongoing efforts to fight the spread of this pandemic and mitigate its effects:

– Closure of restaurants, caf├ęs, shops and supermarkets at 20:00;

– Night-time curfew from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. nationwide, except in exceptional cases;

– Prohibition of public or private parties and gatherings;

– All other precautionary measures previously announced are maintained.

For more information, please consult (in French) the following link.

Following the detection of the Variant of COVID-19 in Morocco, passengers from Australia, Brazil, Ireland and New Zealand are prohibited from entering Morocco (as a precautionary measure).

The competent authorities have taken the decision to prohibit, as a precautionary measure, the entry into the national territory, as from 19 January and until further notice, of aircraft and passengers from Australia, Brazil, Ireland and New Zealand.

A press release from the Ministry of Health released on the evening of 18 January states that the first case of contamination by the variant of the COVID-19 virus that appeared in the United Kingdom has been detected in Morocco. According to the same source, the contaminated person is a Moroccan from Ireland who arrived at the port of Tangier Med via Marseille.

The case proved to be asymptomatic, it is said, adding that the person in question was quickly placed in isolation in Casablanca. The people in contact with the case were taken care of in accordance with the health protocol.

The competent authorities have taken the decision to prohibit, as a preventive measure, the access to the national territory, from January 19, 2021 and until further notice, of planes and passengers from Australia, Brazil, Ireland and New Zealand, following the discovery of a suspect case affected by the mutant Coronavirus, said Monday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans residing abroad.

These countries come in addition to South Africa, Denmark and the United Kingdom, already concerned by the same measure, the ministry said in a statement.

For more information, please consult (in French) the following link.